Perform professional psychological work in assessment, behavior management, and counseling for students with emotional disabilities, learning disabilities, and behavioral problems. Assess the psychological and psycho-educational needs of students referred to special education services. Assess the educational,
learning styles, and program needs of students referred to special education
services. Work cooperatively with instructional personnel to provide the most
appropriate instructional programs for students with disabilities.
1. Select and administer assessments and observation to evaluate the intellectual, emotional and behavioral functioning of referred students. Determine student eligibility for special education service according to federal and state regulations.
2. Develop psychological evaluation reports and behavior management plans.
3. Conduct or participate in the Admission, Review, and Dismissal (ARD) Committee to assist with appropriate placement and development of Individual Education Plans (IEP) for students according to district procedures.
4. May serve as case manager and implement the special education assessment process for students on assigned campuses.
5. Meet with parents to discuss pertinent background information and test results. Conduct group, individual, and family counseling sessions and facilitation therapy for students with diagnosed problems.
6. Consult with teacher and relevant staff concerning the educational needs of students, interpretation of assessment data, and implementation of behavior intervention plans in managing disruptive students.
7. Consult with psychologists, psychiatrists, medical doctors, and community agencies concerning intellectual, emotional, and behavioral functioning of students as needed.
8. Select and administer formal and informal assessments
to determine student eligibility for special education services according to
federal and Texas Education Agency regulations.
9. Compile and evaluate comprehensive student information
including classroom observations; personal interviews with the student,
teachers(s), parents and others; and relevant assessment data from student’s
10. Consult with parents and teacher concerning the educational
needs of students and interpretation of assessment data.
11. Participate in the Admission, Review, and Dismissal
(ARD) Committee to assist with interpretation of assessment data, appropriate
placement, and development of Individual Education Plans (IEP) for students
according to district procedures.
12. Present staff development training in assigned schools
to assist school personnel in identifying and understanding students with
13. Assist classroom teachers with implementation of IEP.