Principal Grade Level: 6th Grade ELA
Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in the core academic subject area assigned to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district's curriculum program.
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities.
- Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results to plan instructional activities.
- Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Work with other member of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.
- Plan and assign work to instructional aide(s) and volunteer(s) and oversee completion.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
- Be a positive role model for students; support mission of school district.
- Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
- Establish and maintain a professional relationship and open communication with parents, students, colleagues, and community members.
- Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills.
- Comply with state, district and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.