Reports to: Campus Principal(s)
Provide special education students with learning activities and experiences designed to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Develop or modify curricula and prepare lessons and other instructional materials to match student ability levels. Work in self-contained, team, departmental, or itinerant capacity as assigned.
1. Collaborate with students, parents, and other members of staff to develop IEP through the ARD Committee process for each student assigned.
2. Implement an instructional, therapeutic, or skill development program for assigned students and show written evidence of preparation as required.
3. Conduct assessment of student learning styles.
4. Present subject matter effectively and according to guidelines established by IEP.
5. Work cooperatively with classroom teachers to modify regular curricula as needed and assist special education students in regular classes with assignments. 6. Participate in ARD Committee meetings on a regular basis.
7. Manage student behavior and administer discipline including intervening in crisis situations and physically restraining students as necessary according to IEP.
8. Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills.
9. Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.